photo TheBoww-HOME.png photo TheBoww-ABOUT.png photo TheBoww-HOME2.png photo TheBoww-FINDS.png photo TheBoww-style.png

Monday, October 13, 2014

GUEST POST // THE LADY IS A VAMP

Good Monday morning my loves! I am excited to share that I have a guest post from one of my good friends, Jordan. Whenever I am looking to up my beauty game I reach for Jordan's blog, Love That Lipstick. She has an eye for those hidden beauty buys and keeps us up with current beauty trends. Since it's officially fall we need to dust off those sweaters, boots, and our dark lipsticks. So kick aside your Barbie pink lipstick, it is time to darken up.... 


 Fall is all about transitioning to the dark side. I couldn't be more thrilled for the upcoming months, especially because my favorite fashion and makeup trends make a comeback. There's something mysterious and sexy (yes, I said it) about vampy lips that I can't get enough of.

From left to right: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in CopenhagenRimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 09MAC RebelMAC Media.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are excellent quality for the price. I love the silky, long-wearing formula, as well as the extensive range of colors. These go on smooth and creamy, but completely dry down after applying. Copenhagen is nice burgundy hue-- perfect for this time of year!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Mattes were created by Kate Moss, so you know they've gotta be good! I wouldn't say these are completely matte, as they do have a subtle sheen. Nevertheless, they're affordable and do the job. 107 is the perfect deep berry shade and an absolute must-have.

Rimmel Lasting Finish in 09 was also created by Kate Moss, but isn't part of their matte collection. This shade is smooth, creamy, and looks absolutely luscious on the lips. Slightly lighter than 107, it's a gorgeous raspberry color that makes for a smooth transition to fall.

MAC Rebel is a staple in my collection. It's a Satin plummy shade I whip out every year. Something about this lipstick compliments every skin tone, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'd definitely check this one out the next time you're near a MAC counter!

MAC Media is the newest addition to my collection. It's similar to NYX Copenhagen, but not nearly as matte. Media is a Satin finish and definitely the darkest lip color I own. If you're comfortable rocking this deep reddish-purple hue, give it a go!


P.S. Did anyone get my Spice Girls reference in the title?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k