photo TheBoww-HOME.png photo TheBoww-ABOUT.png photo TheBoww-HOME2.png photo TheBoww-FINDS.png photo TheBoww-style.png

Thursday, October 9, 2014

PINTEREST PERFECT

I am not the type of girl who ever dreamt of her wedding day. I never even thought about marriage until I met Brandon. Yet, it is so easy to get caught up in the perfection of the details with social media tools like Instagram and Pinterest. For awhile I stopped using Pinterest because I couldn't stand it. My life was never going to be that pretty or perfect, so why try or even look? However, when Brandon and I started talking about getting engaged, I started to dream about the way he would ask me. Websites like Youtube or How He Asked started to consume me. Will he sing me a song? Will he have a hidden photographer? Will he pop out of a box butt ass naked? I mean the possibilities are endless...

Yet, the morning of the proposal we were hung over from bottomless mimosas from the previous day, my hair was greasy and I was wearing tennis shoes for walking around the city. I wasn't looking tooo hot, if you know what I mean. Yet, the proposal was cute, sweet and just perfect. There was nothing flashy or fancy about it, it was just a straight down and dirty proposal. Now that I am scanning through Pinterest to get inspiration for our upcoming nuptials, I have to take a deep breath. Pinterest is a fairytale land and not all of those dreams will come true and I have to realize that. Life isn't Pinterest perfect, and I'm okay with that. The only thing that really matters is that I will be marrying my best friend, and that my friend, is perfect

Xoxo

P.s. Are you following me in fairytale land? I mean Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k