photo TheBoww-HOME.png photo TheBoww-ABOUT.png photo TheBoww-HOME2.png photo TheBoww-FINDS.png photo TheBoww-style.png

Monday, September 22, 2014

GAME DAY ATTIRE PART 2

Broncos Tee // Boyfriend Shorts // Orange Shoes // Converse // Necklace // Cardinals Tee // Jeans // Flats

Good Monday morning! I'm still on a high that the Arizona Cardinals are now 3-0! Well, since we are on the subject of football, here is my Game Day Attire Part 2. This blog post was recently featured on my friends blog, The Story of My Life. Annie is a sorority sister of mine and her blog is one you don't want to miss. She shares life experiences that most of us are too embarrassed to talk about and doesn't apologize for it. 


Remember when Kristin Cavallari debuted a women’s NFL clothing line? For once we were given the opportunity to not look totally tacky while cheering for our favorite football team. However, the excitement ended quickly as the clothing was never actually available for sale. Hmm... rude Kristin, you're still hot though and we forgive you. So we were left at square one to rummage through local sport stores to find that perfect game time attire. However, I have a few tricks up my sleeve to avoid looking like a total bag, because trust me, we've all seen it happen. Most of the time while I'm cheering (more like boozing) on my favorite team I'm headed to the local bars. 

Therefore, today I've put together a couple of looks that are casual but you can play around with them. The best part of rooting on a team is that you get to play with their team colors. For example, these orange Steve Madden sneakers are shoes I wouldn't normally wear but these are perfect for a Denver Bronco fan. If you cheer for a team with red in their colors, slap on a red lip.  Also, you can fit your team colors within your accessories such as a purse or a chunky necklace. I tend to stray away from team shops or sports stores, and I find my favorite sporting shirts at Junk Food, Old Navy, Target, Victoria Secret, and Chicka-D. 

A few of my fashion don'ts while chugging down vodka waters at the bar while "cheering" on your favorite team are: 

-       Cutting shirts // I'm not against cutting an old shirt (as you can see in Thursdays post) but just be careful because you're not on frat row anymore. Sometimes when you cut the shirt too much you just look juvenile.

-       Team Colors vs. Skin Color // Just because your team is Gold and Maroon doesn't mean you need to wear Gold, because well...it doesn't look great on everyone. 

-       No Jewels on the Shirt // Get you bedazzle on with accessories like a chunky necklace, an arm party or sunglasses.

Watching a game at a bar or at a friends house can be tricky but don’t be afraid to play around with your look. Also, the chances of you having dirty hair from your Friday or Saturday night are high, so make use of it. This is the perfect time to play around with that hairstyle you found on Pinterest months ago.

Thoughts on heels? I’m all for a chunky wedge or ankle bootie, but keep the stilettos for the club. Remember, whatever you wear you want to make sure you can still hang with the boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k