photo TheBoww-HOME.png photo TheBoww-ABOUT.png photo TheBoww-HOME2.png photo TheBoww-FINDS.png photo TheBoww-style.png

Monday, November 17, 2014

BOWW LOVES PORTLAND

Brace yourself, this is long...

I'm pretty sure the earth started to shake when I was running at the gym today. Yup, you can tell that I had a good time in Portland last weekend.  Portland surprised me because it wasn't what I was expecting. But really, I didn't know what to expect. A bunch of hipsters walking around drinking coffee? ...Okay, ya I saw that. I even saw a whole store just for men's underwear. A WHOLE store?! 

I did a bit of research before we arrived in Portland from friends and other bloggers so I had an idea where we wanted to go. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco which was awesome. The decor is unique, they are pet friendly, and even have a free wine hour (come to mamma). Our hotel also had a free rental bike program which helped us bop around the city. 

If you're in Portland, check these out: 

Vooodoo Doughnuts // This is a must in Portland but be ready to wait in line. Also, there is a homeless shelter near by so there are a lot of homeless people around the shop.

Bijou Cafe // This is located near Voodoo Doughnuts and it is amazing. There will be a wait on the weekends, but its worth it. Fresh ingredients & the best biscuits & gravy I've ever had.... (queue the drool from my mouth)

Imperial // Located in downtown, we stumbled in here for breakfast one day. The corn cakes were so yummy it's silly.

Salt & Straw // All I have to say is that I am very upset that there isn't a location in Arizona. --You need to try this, enough said.

Ace Hotel // Shown in the photos above. A funky boutique hotel that is a must to see. People are lounging drinking their coffee and reading the paper. Also, there is a photobooth located in the lobby of the hotel that is a perfect excuse to take funny photos.

Stumptown Coffee // Portland has great coffee but this is the signature brew that you shouldn't miss. They have locations throughout the city but we stopped by the one right next to the Ace Hotel. 

Zenny & Zuke's // This is located right down the block from the Ace Hotel. We were hangry the morning we stopped by the Ace Hotel and we picked this place on a whim. The fresh ingredients didn't disappoint and I would love to come here again. 

Portland City Grill // This has a great view of the city! We stopped in here Friday afternoon for drinks and appz.

Deschutes Brewery // My dad loves their beer so we were happy to find out that they are located in Portland. Also, their food is pretty tasty and pairs perfectly with their brews.

Yo Vintage // Just one of the cute vintage shops we stumbled upon on Burnside St.

Henry's Tavern // A perfect spot to grab great lunch and watch Sunday football.

Imogene + Willie // Denim lovers haven.

Tanner Goods // Not quite like Jimmy Fallon's leeeattthherman but it's pretty good. ;)

Also, every where we had breakfast was amazzing. I couldn't get over the food...hence the earth shaking when I got back home. I would recommend anyone to head to Portland for a weekend getaway. It's a perfect excuse to eat, drink, and create memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k