photo TheBoww-HOME.png photo TheBoww-ABOUT.png photo TheBoww-HOME2.png photo TheBoww-FINDS.png photo TheBoww-style.png

Friday, August 29, 2014

FRIDAY FINDS: THE STAND




Burgers & Tacos??! Two of my favorite food groups collide in this weeks Friday Find. My brother John lives just across the street from The Stand and has been raving about it ever since he moved in. The Stand Burgers & Tacos is located near 36th St & Indian School Rd in Acardia. Don't be fooled by the Drive Thru because this isn't your ordinary take out restaurant, they don't skimp on fresh real ingredients. Eva, the owner and founder, strives to serve high quality food at a quick rate. The idea behind The Stand was Eva's heritage because she wanted to blend her Mexican and Russian Jewish backgrounds together. She created a simple and affordable menu to appeal to just about anybody. When my family and I got the chance to finally try The Stand, I must say my brother was right, the food was delicious. We ordered a burger, fries, fresh lemonade, chips & salsa, and tacos! The only items we missed were the guacamole and milkshake, but there is always next time. :)


I was lucky enough to get in contact with the owner Eva and ask her a few questions regarding The Stand. Take note, because she is right about the pickles! We didn't order extra and left with a little regret that we didn't seize the opportunity. 



Boww: What has been the biggest struggle starting your own business? What has been the biggest reward? 


Eva: It's not really a struggle if you love what you do. It's challenging but if your an entrepreneur your also an expert creative problem solver. You have no choice. The quote at the bottom by Danny Meyer really sums it up for me. I live by it and am tested to live up to it everyday I own my own business. 

"Success lies not in the elimination of problems but in the art of creative, profitable problem solving." - Danny Meyer 

The biggest reward is providing something positive to this community and the response that my little place has gotten. It's astounding to me. Everyday I'm surprised and humbled that people grace me with their patronage. I feel so lucky that this community had embraced what I have to offer. I work so hard at what I do and I hope that everyday in some way my business is a reflection of that.  


Boww: If you were to order one thing on The Stand's menu, what would it be?


Eva: If I were to order one thing it would be a Burger with extra cheese, extra pickles(because it took me forever to find the right pickles and my pickles ROCK!) thick cut bacon, caramelized onion, tomato, lettuce and Stand sauce on a gluten-free bun because I have Celiac's disease. By the way, if desired, my entire menu is available as a gluten free option. Top to bottom! 

Soo....What will you be doing this holiday weekend? They are closed on Monday in observance of Labor Day so make sure you catch them before then! Enjoy :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k